Despite No Motive For Shooting, MGM Settles With Vegas Massacre Victims

The mystery remains unsolved.

In the same week as the two-year anniversary of the tragic deaths of 58 people at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, MGM, the parent company of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, has announced that it will pay nearly one billion dollars to settle lawsuits with the victims and the families of the 2017 mass shooting.

“Two years after a madman set up a sniper’s nest inside a Las Vegas highrise [sic] hotel room, lawyers representing some of the hundreds wounded and family members of the 58 killed announced Thursday they’ve reached a deal with MGM Resorts that could pay them up to $800 million — but while the money may be settled, the motive for the massacre remains unknown,” Fox News said.

Everything about the Las Vegas Massacre is curious, and true to form, so is the settlement on behalf of MGM. The company is essentially admitting to some wrongdoing in the event, but the motive for Stephen Paddock’s supposedly-unplanned rampage is still a mystery.

“While nothing will be able to bring back the lives lost or undo the horrors so many suffered on that day, this settlement will provide fair compensation for thousands of victims and their families,” Robert Eglet, a lawyer for the plaintiffs reportedly said. “MGM Resorts is a valued member of the Las Vegas community and this settlement represents good corporate citizenship on their part.”

The official story is that Paddock, acting alone, simply snapped after a long night of gambling, and using an arsenal of weaponry that nobody knew he possessed – or why – shot and killed 58 people and wounded 422 more from his 32nd story hotel room at the Mandalay Bay. Paddock ended up dead as a result of the shooting. The official story is that he was killed by police when they breached his room.

We reported on just a few of the anomalies and unanswered questions from that fateful night earlier this week, when Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), held a fundraiser at a memorial for the victims of the shooting.

Curious independent reporters have been stymied in their efforts to find out what actually transpired in Las Vegas on that night. What we have found is a narrative that is riddled with inconsistencies, including that fact that the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police were ordered to turn off their body cameras during the shooting. On that evening, 911 calls were placed by multiple witnesses inside the Mandalay Bay, claiming that there were multiple shooters in the building.

reported extensively on Brian Hodge, an Australian mystery man who reportedly was staying in the room next door to Paddock’s at the Mandalay Bay, and who met with a suspected terrorist the day after the shooting.

Ex-law enforcement and intelligence officials told me they were baffled that Hodge was not detained and questioned about the events that transpired that night.

“The digital signatures captured, tactical tradecraft, and media analysis strongly suggest that Hodge should reasonably be suspected as a person of interest in the Vegas massacre, and deserves more scrutiny,” the officials told me.

With the case now settled in civil court, and Paddock long dead-and-buried, it doesn’t appear that Americans will get any further information on the motive for the shooting, or exactly what happened two years ago in Las Vegas.

It seems that’s exactly what investigators wanted from the start.

You Might Like