Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) announced on Tuesday that he sent a letter co-signed by 15 other members of Congress to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey calling for the removal of foreign terrorist organizations on the platform.
“Hamas is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) & shouldn’t have accounts on Twitter; a US Co. Today I co-led a 16 Member letter to @jack calling for a ban of all FTOs from this platform, including Hamas. This is a valuable resource that should be denied to terrorists.”
While Twitter has banned journalists like Laura Loomer for her investigative journalism into Ilhan Omar, in which Loomer exposed Omar’s unwillingness to condemn HAMAS, no action has been taken against the several actual Islamic terrorist organizations that actively organize and promote acts of terror on social media.
Last month alone, Hamas fired approximately 700 rockets into Israel, killing and injuring several innocent people. Hamas celebrated the attack on Twitter, and frequently uses the platform to recruit for its “Days of Rage” attacks, where many participants throw explosives and flaming kites into Israel.
In April, Loomer sued Twitter and CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations), another Twitter-approved group designated by some nations as a terrorist organization, for lobbying Twitter to remove her from the website.
CAIR has been designated as a terrorist organization in United Arab Emirates. CAIR claims to be “America’s largest Islamic civil liberties group,” but in 2007, the U.S. government labeled CAIR a co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terrorism trial for financing HAMAS.
Along with being classified as a terrorist organization in the United Arab Emirates in 2014, CAIR has been labeled as a Muslim Brotherhood entity by the United States Justice Department and was found by a federal judge, the U.S. Attorney Generals office, and the Fifth Circuit Court of appeals as having direct ties to Hamas. On July 1, 2009, U.S. District Court Judge Jorge Solis upheld CAIR’s designation as a co-conspirator, saying there was “ample evidence” linking CAIR to Hamas.
Hamas has also been classified as a designated terrorist organization by the U.S. State Department and is listed as a co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation HAMAS terror funding trial in 2008, which is the largest terrorism financing case in U.S. history. In the Covenant of Hamas, which outlines the goals and motive of Hamas and its members, it states that one of its main goals in the destruction of Israel. After the Department of Justice found CAIR conspired with terrorist organizations like HAMAS and the Muslim Brotherhood, the FBI severed ties with CAIR, saying it “does not view CAIR as an appropriate liaison partner.”
You can support Loomer’s ongoing lawsuit by donating at FreeLoomer.com
- Laura Loomer was permanently banned by Twitter in November, 2018 for a factual tweet about Ilhan Omar and intervention by CAIR to protect Omar from criticism
- Loomer has since been banned by Twitter, PayPal, Venmo, GoFundMe, Medium, Uber, Uber Eats, Lyft, TeeSpring
- CAIR is a front for HAMAS and the Muslim Brotherhood in America
- CAIR endorsed Ilhan Omar and lobbied to have Loomer banned on Twitter
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Anti-Republican JP Morgan Launches ‘Volfefe’ Index To Track How Trump’s Tweets Electrify Money Market - September 11, 2019
- Surprise! Google’s ‘Nest Hub Max’ Is Using Facial Recognition Software In Your Home - September 9, 2019
- Muslim Airline Worker Arrested For Sabotaging Plane At Miami, FL Airport With 150 People On Board - September 6, 2019